This recipe was passed on to me by a friend's Mum, Denise Fowler. The ingredients are supplements for hormone replacement (but NOT medically proven) eg: use of seeds such as pumpkin and sunflower in your diet plus soya are rich in phytoestrogens - natural plant chemicals which mimic female hormones. Try it and see!
50g soya flour
50g whole wheat flour
100g porridge oats
25g pumpkin seeds
25g sunflower seeds
25g sesame seeds
25g flaked almonds
50g dried cranberries (you can change this for 2 pieces of finely chopped stem ginger)
1 tablespoon malt extract
1⁄2 tsp of nutmeg
1⁄2 tsp of cinnamon
1⁄2 tsp of ground ginger
350-375 ml soya milk with added calcium 1 level teaspoon baking powder
1) Mix all the dry ingredients.
2) Soak the fruit in a little of the measured soya milk to plump them up.
3) Now combine all the ingredients together and mix quickly until it forms a mixture(similar to Christmas cake mix),
adding more soya milk if it is too stiff.
4) Put the mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for approximately 1hour at 190'C.
5) Allow to cool in the tin and serve sliced with a little butter or spread of your
1 slice per day is a good source of natural phytoestrogens and the cake is also a good source of healthy omega fatty acids.
Variations: - 1. Omit the cranberries and spice, and instead add ground ginger and a couple of pieces of chopped stem ginger.
2. Reduce the soya milk by 50 ml and use fresh orange juice (from 1 large or two small oranges) to soak the fruit, and add the grated orange zest to the mixture.
If the cake isn't quite enough and you'd like more help with your symptoms click on the link below